December 25, 2014
December 16, 2014
August 7, 2014
In celebration of back to school time, we have our best selling book, Law Practice Accounting Using QuickBooks and Law Practice Accounting Using QuickBooks for MAC, on sale for $10.00 off the regular price. Order on or before August 31st to save and get a head start on getting you firm’s books in order before the crunch of the end of the year. The book is written for both PC and MAC versions of QuickBooks
If you are interested in learning about using the Online version of QuickBooks, please give us a call at (904) 28-4480 for more information. Enjoy the rest of the summer and remember to give us a call if you need help using QuickBooks in your Law Firm!
QuickBooks for Attorneys Book on Sale
Here is a quick way to get those lists back in shape.
- Click on List from the Main Menu and choose Chart of Accounts.
- This will display your Chart of Accounts list.
- With the list open, click View from the Main Menu and Re-sort list.
QuickBooks Lists Not Sorted Alphabetically
May 28, 2013
When you open QuickBooks you may encounter a message that says QuickBooks has an update.
Don’t just click Install Later. It usually only takes a few minutes. QuickBooks releases these updates for fixes or new features.
If you are working in a network environment you need to keep in mind that once one of you update you will all need to update. 2013 released the R6 update and this fixed a lot of issues they were having so I recommend updating it.
If you have an older product you may see a message that prompts you for a new release. This is upgrading, so you don’t want to do this unless you want to buy the new product.
QuickBooks Update Service
- Client Information – Track Client contact information and case information.
- Track Billable and Non Billable Time – QuickBooks has a great Time Tracking feature. An attorney can track their billable and non billable time for their clients. It also has a Timer program that comes separate and able to run without QuickBooks. This enables everyone in the office to track time and the bookkeeper and pull the time into QuickBooks.
- Tracking Postage, Copies and Other Client Costs – QuickBooks can help you keep track of postage, copies and other client costs so that you can easily bill your clients.
- Billing Rates and Price Levels – You can create custom price levels for your clients. It can also track Billing Rate levels that can be associated by the time keeper. (This is available in the Professional Services edition.)
- Conflicts of Interest – In the 2009 versions and later of QuickBooks you have the ability to do advanced searches quickly and easily within your customer list.
- Retainers – Yes you can track retainers in QuickBooks. Reports can easily be created and memorized so you will always know what money you are holding in retainers.
- Trust Accounting – Easily track the money you are holding in trust and create reports to help you stay in compliance with Trust Accounting Laws.
- Write checks
- Link to online Bank Accounts
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
You Can Use QuickBooks in Your Law Firm